Wednesday, February 11, 2009

North Nodes --Lesson Part 1


North node/South Node Part 1


I have been pondering the news of late and I find myself nodding my head quite a bit thinking, ‘Feels like the North Node’. I suppose it is no accident that I am seeing The Node’s influence more on this Aquarius lunar cycle than other lunar cycles since the New moon was conjunct the North Node and the full moon was conjunct the South Node in Leo. It is clear that both energies are out in full view and I thought I would take a moment to bring you up to speed on the Nodes since a lot of people are in the dark about these powerful doorways.

For those of you who do not know about the nodes, they aren’t planets or asteroids. They are points. “Huh? Points? What does that mean?”

First let’s go over grade school astronomy. The Sun travels across the sky past all the constellations. This we know. At the same time, the Moon goes around the Earth. Again, something we know. Now, imagine the path the Sun takes around the zodiac as a highway. And then imagine the path the Moon takes around the Earth as a highway. Those two highways actually cross each other in two spots. Those spots or points are called The North Node and The South Node.

Here is a link to see it


Those spots, just like planets are in the astrological signs. The North is in one sign and the South node is in the opposite sign. For example, right now The North Node is in Aquarius and the South Node is in Leo.

It usually takes about 18 years for the nodes to travel through all twelve signs but unlike the planets, the nodes move backwards. Meaning the North node travels from Aries to Pisces to Aquarius to Capricorn, all the way back and then starts over again. And as the North Node travels, its partner the South node will be in the opposite sign but also traveling backwards.

Of course, every 18 years, the nodes will be exactly where they were when you were born. This lines up basically around ages, 18, 36, 54, 72 and 90. And you often will see some kind of break out or adjustment during those nodal returns. When I was 18 and 36 I had some break out experiences. Things that made me really re-identify my life and my future. Of course, I have a North Node in Scorpio so that demands a breakthrough. Perhaps a bit dramatic since Scorpio has a ‘change or die’ motto. Had I been lazy and been like my Taurus South node, I would have tried to hang on to the status quo and kept my life safe. Had I done that I promise you I would have missed out on a lot of goodies that only came because of the roads I took that stretched my North Node at those ages.


With slower moving planets and that also applies to the nodes, they influence a large group of people. After all anyone born about six or nine months before or after you has their North Node in the same place as you. Where it gets personal is in the house. If you want to find out more about your own north node and where it is in your chart take a look at this link


Take a read and see if you can feel your North node.

On part two we’ll talk about the influence of the Nodes on the world at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment