Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pakistan & Cardinal Climax/Crisis/Square et al




When 911 happened I remember thinking, "Man, it doesn't get any worse than this."

Then we had Katrina which was awful followed by the Christmas Tsunami and I turned to friends and said ---"That's it!" Of course, just because I say something doesn't make it so because Haiti happened in January around one of our Saturn Uranus oppositions and we reached an all time low...that was awful. And now here we are in the middle of this cardinal mess and Pakistan floods have beaten all other issues.


United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said devastation caused by unprecedented flooding in Pakistan was among the worst he had ever seen, as he promised more relief funds for those who have lost homes and farms.

This has been a heart-wrenching day for me,” Ban said yesterday at a press conference with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari. “I will never forget the destruction and suffering I have witnessed today. In the past, I have witnessed many natural disasters around the world, but nothing like this.”



When the head of the UN says that this is the worst disasters he has ever seen that says a lot.

We all knew there would be an environmental component to this cardinal crisis. And it delivered. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment