Friday, December 18, 2009

Can you help?

Dear Friend,
So many of you have been kind to me and sent me emails or posted to me that you have found my column very helpful. For that I am grateful. As you know there is no fee with my column nor a tip jar. But if you could do one thing for me I would be so thrilled...
Over on Mothering.com community board is HOLIDAY HELPERS. Every year we try to help our Families in Need. We either send Gently Used items..or we send Gift Cards. If you have got an item you can send or if you can send a GC that would be great. I swear a $20 gift card can go very far for a Family In Need. It can make the difference between a terrible Christmas and a Tender Sweet one.

For example...One mom on disability has one 9 year old son and this is his needs..

Child #1:Age and gender: male age 9
Clothing needed (size, type): size 12 jeans and sweatpants,
prefers black or dark blueHats/gloves needed? yes, waterproof gloves for
snow
Shoes/boots needed? (size, type): yes, size 5 Sketchers
athletic shoes, wide width if possible to accomodate orthotics (Sketchers are
the only shoes we've found that fit his feet and orthotics well)
Toy preferences: legos, Nintendo ds gamesBook preferences:
Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, audio books

We have got a whole bunch of other kids with some basic needs. Anything going their way will be appreciated. Go to www.mothering.com and find Holiday Helpers. If you can't find it then post here and I'll get the data to you.

Thank you
smooch

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment