Friday, January 14, 2011

Ophiuchus---trying to get back in? nah.





Every decade or so the discussion that our sun signs have changed comes up.
And now thanks to a story out of Minnesota that went VIRAL, everyone is in a tizzy that their horoscope has changed. There is a long explanation about the wobble of the Earth, the gravitational pulls, orbits and basically our spot in the solar system gets Middle Age Gut. Everything gets pulled out so that the Signs are not in the same place in the sky as they were 2,000 years ago. Hey, I can't get near pants I wore when I was 22!

But, like my hips and bones, they are still me, they just don't fit exactly like they used to fit in hip huggers.

For those who follow Sideral astrology which is Eastern, they have a different set of dates for when a sign begins and ends. Those of us who use Tropical Astrology or Western astrology we have our dates.

At one point in time in Babylon they had a 13th sign, Ophiuchus. Right in between Scorpio and Sagittarius. In fact, he would be my sign, I guess if I lived in Babylon in 500 BC.

Anyway, if you want to read more go here. But truly all is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment