Uranus Retrograde
Sept 10, 2026 11:27am PDT – Uranus retrograde (5° Gemini 42′)
February 8, 2027 – Uranus stations direct (1° Gemini 41′)
Let me state this as clearly as possible. I believe the biggest wildcard in the back half of this decade is Uranus.
There have been other decades where I felt that way about another outer planet. Pluto's sixteen-year trek through Capricorn comes to mind. You could make a strong argument that, like Rome, all roads eventually led back to Pluto during that period. Institutions, governments, corporations, banking, authority, it was Pluto's show.
Now? I think Uranus is demanding our attention. I say that because Uranus has friends in high places. First, Pluto is in Uranus' home sign of Aquarius, and we all know Pluto punches above its weight. Then there are the eclipses moving through Aquarius and Leo over the next couple of years, stirring the pot even more. On top of that, Uranus is in long-running aspects with both Neptune and Pluto.
Just for sport, here are those dates again and yes, I know I keep bringing them up.
Uranus trine Pluto
• July 18, 2026 – 4°29′ Gemini / Aquarius
• November 29, 2026 – 3°32′ Gemini / Aquarius
• June 15, 2027 – 6°50′ Gemini / Aquarius
• January 13, 2028 – 6°20′ Gemini / Aquarius
• May 9, 2028 – 8°49′ Gemini / Aquarius
Uranus sextile Neptune
• August 28, 2025 – 1°26′ Gemini / Aries
• November 20, 2025 – 29°29′ Taurus / Pisces
• July 15, 2026 – 4°24′ Gemini / Aries
• January 15, 2027 – 1°56′ Gemini / Aries
• June 6, 2027 – 6°21′ Gemini / Aries
So, I look at all of that and think, "Uranus keeps showing up." Now what does it mean for Uranus to retrograde from 5 degrees back to 1 degree of Gemini?
Last year Uranus dipped back into Taurus, but this is the first retrograde that takes place entirely in Gemini. Of course, I like to look back at the last time this happened:
That was September 5, 1941 through February 3, 1942. Stating the obvious, that was the middle of World War II. If you look at what was unfolding during that period, I think you can feel Uranus in Gemini.
Radar was becoming operational on a wide scale. In May 1941, while Uranus was moving through the degrees it would later retrace, the German submarine U-110 was captured. The British secretly recovered the Enigma machine along with code books and signal books before allowing the submarine to sink. The Germans never realized their codes had been compromised. Those materials were sent to Bletchley Park, where the codebreakers went to work. If you've never watched a film or documentary about Bletchley Park, it is well worth your time.
Then, right in the middle of the retrograde, came Pearl Harbor. The Japanese attack had been planned for months and carried out under extraordinary secrecy. There is plenty more that happened during that period, but these are the themes that stand out to me.
Radar matured. Codebreaking accelerated. Aviation and intelligence became inseparable. Information itself became a strategic weapon.
That was then. Now we are in a completely different world.
Gemini already rules communication, information, transportation, stories, language, and codes. Add Uranus, and everything speeds up. Technology evolves faster. Information moves faster. Stories spread faster. Narratives compete faster. Truth and fiction both travel at lightning speed.
Would I describe it as scary? I don't know. I think I would describe it as fast. It already feels difficult to keep up. I suspect that challenge only grows between now and February.
The good news is that Gemini always carries one remarkable gift. It knows how to pivot. My advice is not to spend the next five months trying to figure everything out. Take what is in front of you. Tell your story. Listen carefully to the stories other people are telling. Compare notes.
We are entering an era where stories themselves may become our newest form of radar.


No comments:
Post a Comment