Friday, September 20, 2024

Saturn: We See You - Blues Clues and Steve

 

NYTimes 9/20/24


This morning I got misty reading this article for many reasons (see link below)

My son was born in 2001 and although Steve left Blues Clues in 2002, this is television, so you know Steve was on Nickelodeon long after he left and very much a part of my son's childhood.
It was by far one of the more tender tv kid shows when it premiered September 8, 1996. Based on the old Nickelodeon schedule I drafted a chart for 12:30pm NYC (Viacom Bldg).

Why I got misty is not just because of mom sentimentality which I can be forgiven because you know Moms do that stuff but I think really why it hit me was because of where we are now with Saturn marching through Pisces like a three legged dog, slow as shit. Forcing us all to find patience and center ourselves. I saw a lot in this article that speaks to Saturn's current journey.

Steve sold his Brooklyn apt, moved upstate and is off the grid. He has a tiktok account and his recent post hit the zeitgest with three million hits. Clearly many are Gen Z (& their parents) who respond to him with their deepest emotions. What is uplifting is when they share their depressions, others comment back to them to help boost them up. THIS I think speaks to part of Pluto in Aquarius' new Journey upon us.

The fact that Steve was struggling with depression when he produced Blues Clues has resonance to where we are now with Saturn in Pisces as we tap whatever we are tapping in our interior space.

It will be a different landscape when Saturn moves into Aries next year but until then I will continue to honor the ringed planet's slow pace and find patiences and value from Saturn.
I have gifted this article. I hope you read it. It is not very long but tender.

"My real job was listening. Most children’s television talks to the camera, right? That’s kind of an established convention. But what “Blue’s Clues” did that I think was really a breakthrough is we listened. I worked really hard on making that as believable as possible. And that was becoming more and more challenging every day to do. The entire time I was on that show, I was struggling with undiagnosed, severe clinical depression and I didn’t know what was going on. That made my job extra hard."




No comments:

Post a Comment