Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Great Read----2009's Wild Ride, Earth & Taurus


I am confident there are many people familiar with Mountain Astrologer magazine. But if you are not or if you are running around so much right now and have not picked up the latest issue...let me implore you to get it immediately. There is a great article by Adrian Ross Duncan about the bumpy year that will be 2009. Yes, we all know the rough aspects and eclipses that riddle 2009...but reading his take on the death blow to capitalism is like watching a train wreck. You can't stop yourself from reading it.

Additionally, there is a very thoughtful and provocative piece written by Cynthia Wood making a case for Taurus' missing planet. Currently there are 10 planets and 12 signs. Each planet gets one sign. Except for 2. Venus rules Taurus and Libra and Mercury rules Gemini and Virgo. For years astrologers have had many opinions on this situation but I don't think even one Astrologer has felt confident about four signs sharing two planets. I know it always rubbed me wrong. But never have I read anyone offer up a satisfying solution until Wood's article. She makes a great case that Earth is the missing planet for Taurus. Her suggestions for why it makes sense are richly researched and when you place Earth in your own chart you will see how her case makes even more sense. I, for what it is worth, have Earth in the 3rd house. And frankly, it makes sense for me. Probably part of the reason why I have this blog! By the way, if you don't know where to put Earth, it is opposite your sun.

Anyway, get the magazine and read these articles plus the others. Truly one of the best astrology magazines out there! I always get excited when it arrives.

Go here to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment