Friday, February 17, 2012

Pearls before Breakfast





My friend Jody sent me an article yesterday that was long and from 2007. And I was not sure I had it in me to read---But I was intrigued. Basically, The Washington Post set up a prank. Well, not a prank more of an exercise. What would happen if a top notch musician performed in front of masses of people--in an unexpected place? How would the people respond?

The person was Joshua Bell, a world class famous violinist. The location was L'Enfant subway station in Washington DC.

Wow. What a set up, I'm gamed to know the answer. And so I read it.

Well, after I read it I had a moment of mulling and I thought this exercise speaks to the astrology of today: Doing art for oneself that may or may not be appreciated by others. As Neptune gets cozy in his home sign Pisces we may all feel like Joshua Bell on certain days.

Pearls before Breakfasthttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html


HE EMERGED FROM THE METRO AT THE L'ENFANT PLAZA STATION AND POSITIONED HIMSELF AGAINST A WALL BESIDE A TRASH BASKET. By most measures, he was nondescript: a youngish white man in jeans, a long-sleeved T-shirt and a Washington Nationals baseball cap. From a small case, he removed a violin. Placing the open case at his feet, he shrewdly threw in a few dollars and pocket change as seed money, swiveled it to face pedestrian traffic, and began to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment