Sunday, July 29, 2012

Donna Cunningham: Astrologer you need to know


Today when I was working out at the gym (and aren't we all pushing ourselves a little harder with the Olympics going on?)  anyway, while I was on the treadmill I read my new Mountain Astrologer (August/September)  and there was a terrific article by Donna Cunningham entitled "Vesta:Driven toward the Sacred".  I've got a few asteroid books but they are feeling a bit dated these days and this article was quite fresh.   Cunningham points out that Vesta is really OCDish.   Wherever it is located it does push, push, push us to do, do, do.  Like everything else in a chart it is about the house and the sign.  Many years ago when I first realized my own Vesta was in Aries in my first house, I so related to her.   I have a huge lone wolf quality and I could see it all over Vesta.     
In her current article Cunningham used a lot of examples for example:

Bruce Springsteen's, a champion for those who don't have a voice has Vesta in visionary Sagittarious conjunct the Descendent.

Yep. I see that.   I gotta say outside of my own chart I never focused too much on it with other's charts but now I will have my eyes peeled for Vesta.

If you have not gotten the new Mountain Astrologer I would highly recommend it for no other reason than to read Cunningham's article (although I love all their articles).

In the meantime if you are not familiar with Donna she is a prolific author and God knows I have many of her books (Healing Pluto Problems, Being a Lunar Type in a Solar world). But for more immediate understanding of her work check out her blog.  Sky Writer

I found this post very interesting:

I recently made the startling discovery that every single child born on the planet in 1989 had a triple conjunction of Uranus, Neptune, and Saturn in Capricorn. The conjunction was also in range during five months of 1988. During the winter months of both years, the Sun, Mercury, and Venus created stelliums of as many as six planets.
Astrologers, these young people in their 20s are starting to show up for sessions with questions about their perplexing career and relationship issues. With these tough planetary combinations, they’re very different from people you’ve worked with in the past. It’s important to get prepared for them

No comments:

Post a Comment